Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A CLIENT'S TESTIMONIAL


Dr. Steven Sinert’s program in Anger Management has enhanced my life. I’m basically a good person, but I had a temper. People could push my buttons and get me to respond with anger. The worst part is that it would then make them look like the victim.

Dr. Sinert has taught me how to handle situations like these. He has taught me how to keep myself calm, and then respond appropriately. After I took Steven’s course I utilized his techniques when someone was trying to be very controlling and offend me. When I responded as Steven had taught me, the person ended up getting so angry that he lost his temper and stormed out, while I stayed calm.

As an attorney dealing in family law, matters can get very emotional. Sometimes the attorneys can get angry as well. In the past I reacted badly to matters like this, and found myself yelling and screaming. After one hearing, my boss made me send an apology letter to both the judge and the opposing attorney. Since taking Steven’s course, I have been able to stay calm even when other people in Court are screaming at me.

Just this past week I had situation that could have been resolved if the parties could just sit down and talk for a few minutes. The attorney who represented the other side wanted it to appear that we had been uncooperative, and then asked the Judge to order us to pay his attorney’s fees because we were the ones who had been uncooperative.

When one of my law partners tried to speak to him, the other attorney insulted my partner and my client. My partner ended up hanging up on him. Before we went to Court, I asked the attorney if he and his client would sit down with me and my client and my other partner. I calmly led the discussion.

The other attorney started insulting my client, and then screaming and swearing at my client and my other partner; and my client and my other partner stood up and argued back. I kept asking everyone to calm down, while I worked on solutions to settle the matter. By the time we went before the judge, my client and the mother of his child had agreed to everything, with the exception that the other attorney still wanted my client to pay his fees.

He tried to argue to the judge that we were the losing party because w ehad come to an agreement with him. The judge completely disagreed. The judge ordered that because everything had been settled, there was no losing or winning party, and he did not award the attorney the fees he had been seeking.

If not for the techniques that I had learned from Dr. Sinert's program, I might have been goaded into anger. Instead my calm demeanor made both me and my client successful.

I am also very grateful for how Steven’s techniques have improved the way I interact with people outside of work. I was known at synagogue for occasionally losing my temper. Now I am able to stay so calm that my rabbi has asked me for advice on how I stay so calm. My wife also is very happy with what I have been taught by Steven in dealing with difficult issues.

I will always be extremely grateful for everything that Steven has taught me, and how he has helped to improve my life. I cannot recommend his anger management course highly enough. Anyone who follows Steven’s teachings will be sure to find themselves and the people with whom they interact much happier in life.

D. H., Attorney

No comments: