Tuesday, July 30, 2013

HURTFUL NEGATIVE BEHAVIORS #4 - INTIMIDATION

Another hurtful negative behavior is INTIMIDATING BEHAVIOR.

INTIMIDATION is another form of attacking behavior or aggression usually using fear. It involves making the other person feel small, or useless. Again, just ask yourself how you feel if someone tries to intimidate you. Most of the time you feel hurt and less of a person than the one who has attacked you.

Intimidation is a form of behavior with the other person where we try to get the upper hand over the other individual. This makes us feel more in control and bigger, in our own eyes, than the other individual. Why is this necessary for us? Many people have low self-esteem or a feeling of low self worth. How better to increase our own self-esteem, even temporarily, than to make someone else feel useless, less knowledgeable, beneath us or smaller than us. Also, if we are highly educated, we may try to use that against the other person to again make us feel even larger in stature.

When intimidated, we may strike back with anger at the individual who attacked us or we may just avoid the confrontation by holding it in. By not solving the problem immediately, we set ourselves up for a more volatile reaction in the future. Also many people who do not respond immediately to the person who intimidates us have low assertive skills which need to be developed, strengthened or enhanced.

For more information, please contact

Dr. Steven J. Sinert, Certified in Anger Management
Nevada Anger Management, LLC
5812 South Pecos Road, Suite B
Las Vegas, NV 89120

702 353 1750

www.nevadaangermanagement.com

(c) 2013 Dr. Steven J. Sinert and Nevada Anger Management, LLC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How I became a happy woman again
With tears of joy and happiness I am giving out my testimony to all viewers on line, my problem with Stomach Cancer stage IB and HIV has caused me many pains and sadness especially in my family.
I was so afraid of loosing my life, I suffered the embarrassment of visiting
therapy hundreds of times, unfortunately they did not find a definitive solution to my problem, I cried all day and night, do I have to live my life this way? I searched all true the internet for care, I was scammed by internet fraudsters times without numbers… until a friend of mine who stays in the UK introduced me to a friend of hers who was cured of the same disease, and she introduced me to Dr Itua who cured her from Breast Cancer by this email/WhatsApp +2348149277967,  drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. I contacted him and he promised that all will be fine and I had faith.He sent me his herbal medicines through Courier service and i was instructed on how to drink it for three weeks to cure,I followed the instruction given to me and Today am a happy woman again. He cures all kind of diseases like__Brain cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Ovarian cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma,Herpes,,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis.
Intestinal cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia.