Friday, March 29, 2013

A Student's Testimonial

"AN OPEN LETTER - Yes an old dog can learn a new trick or two!

Not long ago at age seventy-three or so, I was made aware of a few simple truths. Since childhood I had been captive of a necessary emotional attribute - ANGER - a simple biochemical mechanism we are born with for the sole purpose of self-preservation; a fight or flight reaction triggered by sight or sound; a moment we are empowered to react to a perceived danger. Well and good for a self-designated Alpha creature at the top of a complex food chain - I am not that animal any longer.

I now realize that I am an emotional entity capable of making choices. I have known these abstractions but did not accept their validity or value. The human fore-brain is far too complex to be controlled by a still-present reptilian core, hidden deep within our physical brain and our awareness. Dr. Sinert pointed me in a direction of self-healing and awareness that abruptly changed my life and all those within my sphere of influence. I enrolled myself in his Anger Management class after having had an emotional explosion at a movie theater ticket booth, which was embarrassing and potentially dangerous to those nearby.

After a few sessions, I remember saying something on the order of, "You need to bottle this teaching capacity of yours to allow one's taming of their anger!"

Thank you for your help, healing hands and compassion. I love you for it. I am a better and happier human being." JFK, PhD, retired ...and now renewed.


For more information on how to control your anger and have a better life, please contact

Dr. Steven J. Sinert, Certified in Anger Management
Nevada Anger Management, LLC
5812 S. Pecos Road, Suite B
Las Vegas, NV 89120

702 353 1750

www.nevadaangermanagement.com

No comments: