Friday, January 18, 2013

A CLIENT'S EXPERIENCE WITH ANGER MANAGEMENT


“My experience with Dr. Sinert's anger management course was in no doubt a great one, and I learned many new helpful tools that I now use on a daily basis. It seems the more I utilize these tools, the sharper and more positive my reactions are to stressful situations that before, would have ended in anger. I no longer feel like a slave to my anger.

I grew up in a world, both socially and athletically, where aggression seemed to be encouraged and rewarded. Yet as I graduated into the “grown-up” world, it became clear to me and others that aggression and anger were the crutch I used to help me walk through a life where stress is a constant. This crutch proved to be a broken one, as my angry and aggressive responses to stress negatively affected more and more personal and business relationships.

Thanks to the Nevada Anger Management program, I now have a dependable crutch based on modern research, explained clearly by Dr. Sinert. I truly got the sense that I learned from the most intelligent information out there. I didn't even have the slightest clue about what was happening in my mind and body in response to an attack; whether it be from a loved one, or a stranger cutting me off in traffic. I even had to learn what constituted an attack! I now look at every attack as a test for being a better communicator and person; and conflict resolution is a much smoother process.

Before taking this course, I really assumed that I was right in my world. That this was who I was, and if you didn't like it, that was your problem. Rarely did I look at a conflict from the other person's perspective. This ignorance has thankfully been removed, and I now know that when I recognize an attack, I can react positively if I utilize what I learned from Dr. Sinert.

This course is complete, and I really think it deals with every aspect of the causes of anger, how to react quickly before access to rational thought is lost, and how to communicate assertively and positively with an “attacker.” I now focus on “me” in dealing with stress and attacks, instead of “you.” There have been many negative experiences in my life and in the lives of others because of my anger, but I can't go back in time to create a new beginning. Thanks to Dr. Sinert and what I learned at Nevada Anger Management, the new “me” can begin today to make a new ending.” BG…Las Vegas, NV

No comments: